5 Reasons Why a Raw Food Diet is NOT Strict

A lot of people think that a raw food diet is too strict, but I just don’t see it. In fact, I think a raw vegan diet is freeing!

Find out why in today’s video:

5 REASONS WHY A RAW FOOD DIET IS NOT STRICT

Over to You

What do you think about a healthy raw food diet? Do you think it’s a strict way to eat? Let me know in the comments below! :)

Go raw and be fit,

P.S. How am I able to stay raw so I can stay healthy, keep active, and (of course) keep the weight off? It’s simple…

I LOVE my raw food meals. Yes, I love that simple daily plan I showed you in today’s video. I love eating a meal of just bananas or just mangoes, and I adore my super savory salads.

You don’t love your raw meals? Then you won’t stay raw for long. You may last a day or two on will-power alone, maybe even a few weeks, but you’ll come crawling back to cooked food sooner or later.

To end the madness, check out my cravings-crushing program…

“How to Conquer Your Cooked Food Cravings Once and for All”

A Guide for Destroying Cravings on a Raw Food Diet

www.CookedFoodCravings.com

In this expanded edition, I’ll show you exactly what I’ve done to eradicate my once cravings cooked food cravings. You’ll learn everything you need to know about going raw the right way so that you can finally LOVE your raw meals, CONQUER your cravings, and STAY raw for good.

To learn more and purchase your copy today, CLICK HERE or visit the link below:

===> www.CookedFoodCravings.com

1 MrsLeafygreens { 04.30.12 at 2:32 pm }

[..YouTube..] Yes, you are so right, I love that I can eat as much as I please, with no guilt, and I love my natural desserts on a raw vegan diet!

2 MrsLeafygreens { 04.30.12 at 2:32 pm }

3 MirTube4u { 04.30.12 at 2:35 pm }

[..YouTube..] Raw food is very healty, but more difficult in colder climates. Being a vegan is ‘in my opinion’ only good for short term detox. Low fat? Not a good idea, your body needs healthy fats.Eating fruit all day? That is way to much sugar/carbs. Fruits are good, but balance them out with greens and fatty fruits. Also organic/raw animal products like raw cheese, salmon, krill are also very healthy.

4 MirTube4u { 04.30.12 at 2:35 pm }

5 LukeGlover94 { 04.30.12 at 2:55 pm }

[..YouTube..] Hey quick question. I’m doing like 95% raw.. but i’m having green tea. Is that ok .. how good or bad is it? Thanks :)

6 MayDayWatson5 { 04.30.12 at 3:11 pm }

[..YouTube..] I’ve been wondering about tea myself, too actually.

7 MayDayWatson5 { 04.30.12 at 3:11 pm }

I’ve been wondering about tea myself, too actually.

8 Daliah2603 { 04.30.12 at 3:14 pm }

[..YouTube..] u are so so awesome, i really love ur advice, your voice and just the simplicity behind ur messages…i am currently transitioning..am vegan for one year now, and still cannot give up salt or my favourite organic tomatosauce…with my pasta noodles =(. well i think it will take time.

9 Daliah2603 { 04.30.12 at 3:14 pm }

10 FitOnRaw { 04.30.12 at 3:20 pm }

Thank you! :)

11 springpi { 04.30.12 at 3:21 pm }

[..YouTube..] i totally agree with you. i have the same problems too when it comes to eating because i can’t stop. yikes! Thanks!

12 springpi { 04.30.12 at 3:21 pm }

13 TheItsy33 { 04.30.12 at 3:27 pm }

[..YouTube..] There are heavenly streams of light showering down on you!

14 TheItsy33 { 04.30.12 at 3:27 pm }

There are heavenly streams of light showering down on you!

15 SibelCatana1 { 04.30.12 at 3:33 pm }

[..YouTube..] I haven’t given up salt altogether either. :) I have very little of it, but still having it. I know I will give it up at one point, just don’t know when.

16 todayisthedaytolive { 04.30.12 at 4:55 pm }

[..YouTube..] I find that too many rules “rules” with the raw food diet can cause more damage than benefits in my experience… 80/10/10 and no sugar raw food diets were both very destructive for me bc I was denying my bodies intuitive system of getting the correct ratio of nutrients based on cravings.. Now I eat whatever my body craves in the raw whole food world. fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, superfoods, herbs, ect… Once I get a taste change I eat whatever I crave only until my hunger is gone…

17 todayisthedaytolive { 04.30.12 at 4:55 pm }

18 todayisthedaytolive { 04.30.12 at 5:01 pm }

[..YouTube..] Now I feel 10 times better than I ever did with any diet “rule book”. I also look better as well, and I’m at the perfect weight now and finally healed a chronic illness that neither of those diets could heal.Diet books are complete utter shit imo. I still get mostly carbs for my calories but its just from me following my cravings system. Finally I know how to eat now, the same way the fuckin animals do!!!!!!!!! (and it took me 4 years of experimentation and research to figure this out)

19 todayisthedaytolive { 04.30.12 at 5:01 pm }

20 RubberWilbur { 04.30.12 at 11:39 pm }

[..YouTube..] There are more choices on a vegan diet as opposed to the cooked regular meat and potatoes American diet. If people would try it and explore it they would find out that there are so many choices. You just have to acquire a taste for it and train your taste buds to be normal as opposed to being drugged by white flour, salt, sugar, etc. For the first time in my life I’ll go back to the junk food, but am still gravitating towards vegan.

21 RubberWilbur { 04.30.12 at 11:39 pm }

22 ToolsnFire { 05.07.12 at 12:56 am }

[..YouTube..] RubbaWilba, the omnivorous cooked food diet(which includes some raw, as appropriate) is the most full-of-choices and vital diet in existence, as it’s been for humans worldwide for close to two million years.The body reveals by response. And one key point is: life is dynamic, we can have dietary phases in our life, as plausibly appropriate based on our body’s circumstances, and the how our body responds, – response indicators. All or high raw / Lfrv can be great for some people some of the time.

23 ToolsnFire { 05.07.12 at 12:56 am }

24 RubberWilbur { 05.07.12 at 2:36 am }

[..YouTube..] I agree, diversity is the key and it is the key when it comes to most things. When I hear about vegans (i.e. lifereginerator) eating watermelon with lemon for 30 days straight I just roll my eyes. he is only getting a few nutrients.

25 RubberWilbur { 05.07.12 at 2:36 am }

26 Karen { 06.03.12 at 5:21 pm }

Swayze, I had a very hard work day today and it was a delight watching you in this video. Fritzi, my sweet orange cat was trying to get some attention from me while watching you. LOL I threatened to throw her off my lap. When you picked your beautiful cat up it made me laugh.

I am liberated and totally at peace with eating 100% 80/10/10 lfrv. I am an excellent raw chef and share my wonderful concoctions with all who are willing to try them and some that aren’t. LOL LOL I feel like a kid again coming up with great ideas to try out each night for dinner.

Strict? Heck no! But if you are addicted to cooked, de-natured chemical laced highly toxic phood, then it may seem that way because you don’t know what food is really about.

I’m like you where I have always loved fruit! I agree that I am in love with eating my desert most of the day and then BEFORE dinner. LOL

Keep on RAWkin’

Karen

Fritzi, what an adorable name!

kevan Reply:

swayze, heres one for you. who is right and who is wrong? you are saying eat plenty of fruit as YOU do, i read on energise for life on line only to eat one piece of fruit a day because any more upsets your ph balance, what ever that means, or your blood suger levels. an answer would be appreciated.x.

27 helenka { 06.03.12 at 6:14 pm }

we are having watermelon season in south korea and also the korean honey dews are super aromatic and sweet at this time (they come in sizes of a med. potato to a large mango and are eaten with the seeds, just peel and cut) fresh produce is very expensive here no kidding, but of course since a lot of processed food is left behind it just evens out and we spend a little more on food than before, but it is worth it. I put restrictions on myself because on my experience proper food combining is very important not only on raw, however since we need to produce different types of enzymes for fats, protein and carbs and the digestive process of those foods do not correspond with each other i just come back to eating a lot of one type of food at a time. I also think we are often times thirsty when we feel hungry and maybe it is because for many thousands of years a big part of our liquids came with the food instead of just plain water and a smaller amount was water itself, so that is an another thing by eating living juicy foods you increase your intake of water without having to drink it which for a lot of people is difficult and that is a good one to me (not saying stop drinking water, even my kids got reprogrammed and enjoy plain water since no more juices or milk, or a few glasses of water kefir every two, three days) and if you with what is in season, just when you start getting tired of one type of fruit the next comes in and before you know it you are missing the last one, but looking forward to the new ripies (strawberries are gone now, but the nectarines are gonna be spectacular).

28 Yvonne { 06.03.12 at 6:43 pm }

I totally agree with you, I love eating raw for all the reasons you mentioned plus cleanup is so easy and fast, I do it as I go along and its all done before I sit down to eat. Love the raw life!!

It’s nice when clean up is nothing more than rinsing off a cutting board, knife, and blender. :)

29 djd { 06.04.12 at 3:45 am }

In some ways, as you have mentioned, it is very freeing. In other ways, it seems like a narrowing of the horizon. I previously enjoyed trying all kinds of cuisine. To reduce one’s choices to fruit, greens and some vegetables, well, I don’t know if that is 100% fulfilling. However, it is my health I wish to maintain above all so this is the way I eat most of the time.

30 Jeanne Hoff { 06.04.12 at 11:28 am }

I was wondering if anyone has the sensation after consuming either ripe honeydo or cantaloupe (about 4-500 calories of it at a sitting…a whole one, approximately) of feeling like you’re going to have a heart attack! I have experienced it every time I have a mono meal of just melon for breakfast (tried 4 times and the same thing happens). A tightness in my chest and sort of into my shoulder/collarbone area, a profound stomache ache high in my stomach, kind of a facial flushing like I have a sugar rush. My husband gets the same sensation from eating an apple followed by a bunch of bananas. It’s extremely uncomfortable and intense (and discouraging since it makes such a quick, yummy meal!) but does dissapate after about 20 minutes or so. Is this lack of stomach acid, lack of enzymes, not enough fiber in these particular fruits? Any suggestions? by the way, I don’t get this feeling when eating 4-5 whole bananas in the morning for breakfast (like my husband). Could it be lack of fiber in melons that is sending my blood sugar skyrocketing???? Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.

Any More Reply:

Jeanne, fructose is a tyoe of carb that goes directly to the liver. The liver does not have as a high of a storage capacity for fructose as the muscles for glucose. Over consuming fructose means that the liver has to convert the remaining fructose into tryglicerids ( a kind of fat ). However, elevated tryglicerid level can cause a kind of sensation you have experienced. It can even cause a heart attack if it is high enough. The recommended fructose intake for healthy individuals is about up to 25 grams / day. Do some research about fructose on the net an take care :)!

Jeanne Hoff Reply:

Thanks so much for the reply!

It’s likely due to a chromium deficiency. Please see this article by raw foodist Don Bennett:

Jeanne Hoff Reply:

Wow, Swayze, this article was written just for me! It gives me hope. I was ready to throw in the towel, to be honest. Very discouraged of late, in having these “attacks”, and heading into the summer season of wonderful fruits I’d been looking forward to eating. I will definitely try the chromium supplementation idea for 2 weeks. Will report back on the outcome! Thanks so much for this, Swayze.

31 karen { 06.04.12 at 12:34 pm }

Jeanne i never have myself but i dont eat a whole honeydew. I’m enjoying watermelon. The cause of blood sugar spikes is related to too much animal fat in your system not simple sugars in fruit.

My rule of thumb is if it doesn’t feel good stop it.

Jeanne Hoff Reply:

Thank you, Karen. That makes sense.

32 melgal7 { 09.08.12 at 9:35 am }

that cat couldnt care less.