2 Reasons to Give Up Coffee Completely

I hate to rain on your parade, but coffee is NOT a health food. Whether you eat a 100% raw food diet, a 75% raw food diet, or a 1% raw food diet (*wink*), you should cut out the coffee.

Watch today’s Fit On Raw video to find out why:

2 REASONS TO GIVE UP COFFEE COMPLETELY

Go raw and be fit,

P.S. Unfortunately, coffee isn’t the only addictive substance that many of us regularly consume. In fact, many of our FAVORITE FOODS have been shown to be very addictive.

And it’s all caused by 3 little ingredients that, when combined, create a taste sensation that many people (and other animals) just cannot resist. In fact, this tenacious threesome has been shown to be almost as tempting as COCAINE!

While you’ll be sure to find these 3 ingredients in most any cooked food dish (the ones that taste the best, anyway), there is an easy way to avoid them…

Go raw!

Well, that’s a bit misleading. The truth is, many raw food recipes actually DO include this SFS combo! Anytime you taste some “raw” bread, burger, or dessert and think “Wow, I can’t believe that’s raw!”, you can be sure that these 3 flavor-enhancing ingredients are the culprit.

So you can’t just go raw and expect to avoid the addictive SFS combo. You have to go raw the RIGHT way.

Luckily, I lay this all out for you in my cravings-crushing program…

“How to Conquer Your Cooked Food Cravings Once and for All”

A Guide for Destroying Cravings on a Raw Food Diet

www.CookedFoodCravings.com

In How to Conquer Your Cooked Food Cravings Once and for All, you’ll learn all you need to know about adopting a healthy and sustainable raw food diet (one that completely avoids the SFS combo) so you can finally eradicate all of your cravings for good.

Click on the link below to learn more and purchase your copy today:

===> www.CookedFoodCravings.com

1 MoreJOYandBliss { 03.31.12 at 8:13 pm }

[..YouTube..] You look so pretty in this video :-) I’ve been coffee-free since Nov 2011! I am staying in household that brews organic coffee daily and somehow, even though it smells wonderful in the morning, I have successfully let it go. I am no longer interested in consuming it. I became aware of excess nervous energy, increased heart rate, nauseousness, cold sweats, dehydration, belly aches from the acidity and the highly addictive quality.

2 syrentakj { 03.31.12 at 8:17 pm }

[..YouTube..] a question; ever since I went raw, my skin is turning yellow. Is it something I need to worry about? thanks

Leonie Reply:

Um, how many carrots are you eating? Sometimes this contributes to a yellowing of the skin.
Dominus tecum
Leonie

3 tootrendy19 { 03.31.12 at 9:25 pm }

[..YouTube..] I’ve been coffee free and soda free since January 2011 – don’t miss it one bit. Easily gave up meat and seafood in January 2008. I can easily tell myself that I don’t need a certain food or beverage, and not have the need to imbibe in it.

4 FitOnRaw { 03.31.12 at 10:17 pm }

[..YouTube..] Thank you! I also live in a house with coffee drinkers, yet I haven’t had a drop (or wanted one) in over 4 years. :)

5 James Travis { 03.31.12 at 10:36 pm }

[..YouTube..] What a beautiful yard.

6 norxcontacts { 04.01.12 at 12:37 am }

[..YouTube..] What about tea? I’m pretty much addicted to oolong and greens.

7 Maugirl2 { 04.01.12 at 3:18 am }

[..YouTube..] great vid. Not everyone has heard about the acrylamide, really useful info, thanks very much:)

8 lilbri2626 { 04.01.12 at 3:48 am }

[..YouTube..] Thanks for the info! I had no idea.

9 davidjohn83 { 04.01.12 at 4:07 am }

[..YouTube..] thankyou so much, this is so sycronistic with my day, <3

10 FitOnRaw { 04.01.12 at 8:33 am }

[..YouTube..] Stay tuned for a video on tea shortly. :)

11 oe { 04.01.12 at 9:22 am }

[..YouTube..] I dont totally agree to eliminate coffee complety since it comes from a plant and has also health benefits like antioxidants studies show WebMD it says it prevents certain cancers like Parkinson disease, helps prevent type 2 diabetes and helps regulate insulin in your body. I believe to drink coffee in moderation instead of just completely eliminate from your diet. just my personal opinion.

12 Psysims { 04.01.12 at 1:26 pm }

[..YouTube..] Something you obviously don’t know is that caffeine for some migraine suffered is an important part of combating the infliction. I know this too well as I get them 3 days in 10 and no pain killer works quite like caffeine does. I use it for medicinal reasons.

13 FitOnRaw { 04.01.12 at 1:32 pm }

[..YouTube..] Coffee may help relieve the pain of a migraine, but it isn’t getting to the root of the problem (i.e. drinking coffee isn’t eliminating the cause of your migraines). It’s just like taking aspirin when you have a headache; it may make your headache go away, but a much better idea would be to stop the headache from happening in the first place.It any event, caffeine is known to cause headaches (called “rebound” headaches) and migraines.

14 FitOnRaw { 04.01.12 at 1:34 pm }

[..YouTube..] Also, I used to get headaches frequently before going raw. Since adopting a healthy raw food diet and giving up coffee completely, the only time I ever get them is when I don’t get enough sleep for a few nights in a row. Even then, it’s barely a twinge.

15 FitOnRaw { 04.01.12 at 1:37 pm }

[..YouTube..] Actually…since caffeine negatively affects sleep, and since sleep is necessary for proper glucose metabolism, drinking coffee can actually inhibit insulin regulation.

16 lovebigboobs29 { 04.01.12 at 1:57 pm }

[..YouTube..] There is nothing wrong with drinking coffee. There’s no reason to give up the stuff you like. I have yet to see anyone die from coffee or caffeine and my family drinks alot of it. No health problems.

17 lovebigboobs29 { 04.01.12 at 1:58 pm }

[..YouTube..] Good for you lol But I am not giving up the stuff I enjoy meat,seafood,coffee or soda.

janaka Reply:

…good for you. ..but expect to end up with a health crisis sometime ‘down the road’. …you should see the video, ‘Eatiing’. …amazon has it for only 6 bucks: http://www.amazon.com/Eating-3rd-Edition-Mike-Anderson/dp/B001CRQ8K6
…this video is Very Informative. …at least be informed. …unless you want to be a part of the 99% who aren’t …and who will invariably end up in a health crisis …usually many, actually.
…well, that’s my 2 cents.

18 signmeinnow78 { 04.01.12 at 2:47 pm }

[..YouTube..] But I love coffee! Lol

19 signmeinnow78 { 04.01.12 at 2:55 pm }

[..YouTube..] You can tell how addicted people r by the comments lol

20 Psysims { 04.01.12 at 3:31 pm }

[..YouTube..] Migraines are a syndrome, there is no cure, and sometimes there is no ‘root’ to the problem. I have had enough scans done, changed my diet, life style ect, I gave up coffee on the advice of my doctor and then started drinking it again, also on the advice of my doctor. I currently drink around 12 mugs a day and this halves the issue. Sometimes there is simply no answer. You’ll notice I said ‘some’ insinuating it only works for some people and some types of the many varieties of migraines.

21 FitOnRaw { 04.01.12 at 9:30 pm }

[..YouTube..] There is always a root to the problem; migraines don’t just happen. You may not know the reason for yours, but there is a reason. I’m the glad the coffee is helping to ease your symptoms, but that doesn’t mean it’s doing anything more than that.There’s a good article from Dr. Fuhrman on his website called “Should I drink coffee?”

22 Psysims { 04.02.12 at 5:50 am }

[..YouTube..] Migraines do just happen sometimes, you have to accept that. Almost EVERYTHING is good in moderation, especially with our digestive systems that have evolved around our eating habits. You advise people to give up a substance that’s been proven to rebalanced the natural chemicals in the human body, would love to see your PHD to question my doctors professional opinion. I think you should stop mid-leading people with your one sided views over diet, Coffee is as good as it is bad. two sides here!

Leonie Reply:

Everything is NOT good in moderation – arsenic, cyanide, cigarettes… please don’t make broad, sweeping generalisations.
Being an individual, at the moment, caffeine seems to be working well to help you.
Have you noticed that, over the years, you have had to increase your dosage (since you are using it as a drug, I’m using that term) to get the same effect?

Just curious.

23 Psysims { 04.02.12 at 5:50 am }

24 FitOnRaw { 04.02.12 at 10:35 am }

[..YouTube..] From Dr. Joel Fuhrman: “Headaches are a signal that something is wrong. Typically, they result from retained wastes or toxins in the body…Drinking more coffee, eating more noxious food or taking drugs may offer some temporary relief, but eventually they will turn an occasional episode into a deep, seated chronic problem…Removing the cause and letting the body accomplish its self-cleansing tasks can result in a migraine, free life, without the need for medication ever again.”

25 FitOnRaw { 04.02.12 at 10:35 am }

26 FitOnRaw { 04.02.12 at 10:36 am }

[..YouTube..] Dr. Fuhrman again: “Headaches may also be a result of high blood pressure or rare diseases such as brain tumors, meningitis, tuberculosis, head injuries and diseases of the eyes, nose, teeth and ears. Allergic conditions and chronic sinusitis are also uncommon causes of headaches…Most headaches respond within a few days of a careful detoxification program. A physician should also properly evaluate the sudden onset of a severe headache that is unlike one ever experienced before.”

27 FitOnRaw { 04.02.12 at 10:36 am }

28 Psysims { 04.02.12 at 12:17 pm }

[..YouTube..] Migraines are not headache… big difference, a headache is a symptom of some types of migraines! There are seven different types of Migraines of which I suffer three, Exertion Migraines, Retinal Migraines, Hemiplegic Migraines, Ophtalmoplegic Migraines, Nocturnal Migraines, Basilar Artery, Abdominal Migraines. You are talking about a totally different thing to Migraines. Google can be a dangerous thing and I really think you need to do more homework before advising people.

29 Psysims { 04.02.12 at 12:17 pm }

30 Psysims { 04.02.12 at 12:21 pm }

[..YouTube..] I have been suffering them since before I can remember, it all started when I was too young to have a clue, my parents found me with my eyes rolled back in my head for nearly three months and I was almost catatonic for over a week, it was at a very young age they were to give me caffeine and to experiment with different levels of sugar’s and dairy’s, I now drink just black coffee without sugar and its ALL that gives relief. Go to your pharmacy and read the content of migraine relief tablets…

31 Psysims { 04.02.12 at 12:21 pm }

32 Psysims { 04.02.12 at 12:25 pm }

[..YouTube..] And 8 reasons to keep drinking!care2 com / greenliving / reasons-to-drink-coffee html

33 Psysims { 04.02.12 at 12:25 pm }

34 FitOnRaw { 04.03.12 at 11:22 am }

[..YouTube..] I highly suggest reading Dr. Fuhrman’s “Spotlight on Reversing and Preventing Headaches” available on his website. It covers both headaches and migraines.

35 FitOnRaw { 04.03.12 at 11:22 am }

36 lovebigboobs29 { 04.03.12 at 2:16 pm }

[..YouTube..] I agree. There’s nothing wrong with drinking coffee. Its also not unhealthy. People have been drinking it for ages.

Leonie Reply:

There’s nothing wrong with cigarettes. People have been smoking for ages. Uh-huh. There’s nothing wrong with smog. People have been breathing it in for ages. Uh-huh. There’s nothing wrong with bullets. People have been using their bodies to stop them for ages. Uh-huh. lovebigboobs29, you need to rethink your logic and your reasoning.

37 natureasintended { 04.03.12 at 2:35 pm }

[..YouTube..] Aww, your hair looks gorgeous :) Excellent video. It’s worth everyone keeping in mind that animal products are more so harmful to health than acrylamide (in cooked food). Also, Professor Rozalind Gruben speaks on youtube about why heated proteins and fats are dangerous to health. It’s wonderful to see these explanations of the effects of coffee here. Hoping to watch the follow-up :-)

38 natureasintended { 04.03.12 at 2:35 pm }

39 FitOnRaw { 04.03.12 at 4:11 pm }

Thank you! :)

40 Psysims { 04.03.12 at 4:36 pm }

[..YouTube..] You are basing the whole notion on this one sentence “Likewise, other unhealthful practices, such as drinking coffee … contribute to the problem.” and where he continues to compare it to a heroin addiction, while you are forgetting that I was given coffee as a child for the first time too see if it helped combat the issue? Which it did! So it wasn’t like feeding a heroin addiction as the ‘toxin’ wasn’t there in the first place. I avoid dairy, sugars and salts, so the coffee is good in my case.

41 Psysims { 04.03.12 at 4:36 pm }

42 Psysims { 04.03.12 at 4:41 pm }

[..YouTube..] So having gone from nothing to a complete relief from coffee, its been proven in this case to not be like a heroin addiction that needs feeding, its proven to be a relief, possibly the only relief I and many other suffers of this syndrome have. Did you read the 8 reasons why coffee is actually good for you? Including ‘antioxidants’, preventing Parkinson, less risk of diabetes, cognitive decline, Alzheimer, improve memory performance… ect?

43 Psysims { 04.03.12 at 4:41 pm }

44 Psysims { 04.03.12 at 4:44 pm }

[..YouTube..] In all frankness, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. If you are going to tell people why its bad, why not also tell them why its good? For every bad effect coffee has, 4 positive reasons to drink it can be found!A balanced diet is for the best, cutting anything specific is unhealthy. Almost everything is good in moderation. I’m not sold, and I won’t be giving up, bring on the steaming mug I say!

45 Psysims { 04.03.12 at 4:44 pm }

46 Haroun { 04.04.12 at 2:07 am }

Hi guys…

I agree 100% that coffee isn’t very healthy because of the acrylamide but I think cafeine is not a real problem if you can deal with it… So I rather drink MATE which is very better than coffee for so many reasons… I have been cafeine free for more than a year and I was feeling so great. I used to have ophtalmoplegic migraines very often, and then I went vegan, and raw vegan… Since then, I have a migraine every third months instead of twice a month or more. Lately I got back to my MATE addiction (yes it is an addiction!) but I just deal with it… I know it’s not really perfectly good but it makes me feel happy :D

47 Cortney { 04.04.12 at 10:47 am }

I’ve never liked coffee, it always was far to bitter for my taste, but diet soda! I would guzzle bottle after bottle. I was completely addicted to the caffeine in those. It had the same effect as coffee would on most people. I felt that I “couldn’t function” at all until after I had a can of pop in the morning. I would be constantly drinking the stuff throughout the day and could tally up a disgustingly large number of cans and or bottles come bed time. After one particularly bad day of drinking literally more than 8 20 oz. bottles I felt so sick and disgusting I gave it up. I decided I would only have it on “special occasions” like going out to dinner with my family, or at parties, or what have you. This was before I went raw and gave it up 100%
It was the best thing I could have ever done!
Of course for the next five days I had these awful headaches and brain fog and fatigue, but after that I was perfectly fine. I felt so much better not having to basically be obsessed with making sure I had enough pop around. It was such a relief. In many ways the relief and feelings of freedom are similar to eating raw because you never have to stress about some complex meal or recipe. You just eat eight bananas and call it good.
But when I did “let” myself have soda on those special occasions I could immediately tell the difference in my brain functioning. It was shocking to me that my thoughts got hazy and I couldn’t focus as easily on what was going on around me because drinking soda had never had this effect on me before.
After a few of those experiences, not to mention an honest look at what the ingredients actually were, I’m happy to say that the only things I drink are water and smoothies and juice on the rarest of occasions. =]

That’s awesome, Cortney! Thank you for sharing. :)

48 Mirella { 04.04.12 at 9:22 pm }

Coffee is extremely acidic for the body. It would give me terrible stomach aches.
I’ve been vegan for 10 yrs, a pretty healthy one, and my 1 coffee a day addiction just had to go. So I gave it up in Oct 2011 and started a 1 month fruit detox. It was amazing, I felt incredibly energized and had no side effects! I am now addicted to fruit! :)

Keep up the great job, Swayze :)

49 Haroun { 04.05.12 at 5:18 am }

Is mate acidic too ?

Mirella Reply:

I believe it is. It contains caffeine which will stimulate your adrenals with a stress response (acidic) and also dehydrate you.

50 chad { 04.05.12 at 5:46 pm }

hi there Swayze, thanks for the great description of the difference between alkaline/acidic foods vs the metabolized alkaline/acidic food. One thing that is still unclear to me, after reading through, is this. What foods are Ok to eat together?

For example, Yogurt and vegetable soup with /lentils and lime juice or Eggs with lemon juice & green salad w/ beans. Both of these meals have a mix of acid and alkaline foods, some of which form the opposite ph during digestion. What is the best way to understand this interplay, and how can we put together the best possible combinations of foods for the greatest health benefits?

cheers,
chad

51 Raznor83 { 04.06.12 at 10:23 am }

[..YouTube..] If it’s about the caffeine then you should also cut tea from your diet. In a cup coffee contains more, but raw ie pound for pound, tea actually contains more caffeine.

52 Raznor83 { 04.06.12 at 10:23 am }

53 travismessman { 04.08.12 at 7:37 am }

[..YouTube..] you’re giving me a headache.

54 travismessman { 04.08.12 at 7:37 am }

you’re giving me a headache.

55 devastaticon { 04.09.12 at 1:06 am }

[..YouTube..] no offense but these arguments are based on really outdated information. also, the addictive quality of anything isn’t the reason it’s unhealthful. and the “come down” has to do with symptoms of insulin spikes in the blood from refined sugars in high doses. maybe you yourself “feel” that way after you drink coffee, but this is not attributable to a chemical reaction in your blood.

56 devastaticon { 04.09.12 at 1:06 am }

57 mediamst { 04.10.12 at 10:34 am }

[..YouTube..] Is smoking cigarettes healthy for you?

58 mediamst { 04.10.12 at 10:34 am }

Is smoking cigarettes healthy for you?

59 FletcherHabit { 04.10.12 at 11:10 am }

[..YouTube..] right, coffee belongs in enemas only

60 FletcherHabit { 04.10.12 at 11:10 am }

right, coffee belongs in enemas only

61 NexusRebellion { 04.10.12 at 11:58 am }

[..YouTube..] You are beautiful.

62 NexusRebellion { 04.10.12 at 11:58 am }

You are beautiful.

63 claudette { 04.10.12 at 5:25 pm }

liked your video, my father is 89 and he must have his one cup of coffie each morning , I never became acostuome to coffie on a regular bassis and see it as a desert . HOw to help my dad change or say trayed his habit , I know by exprience some bad habit needs a good habit to replace it.

64 Bill K, { 04.11.12 at 9:25 am }

Swayze,

How dare you! How could you be so bold as to suggest that coffee is bad for you? After all Medical Doctors, TV Gameshow Hosts, Circus Clowns, Peruvian Cowboys, Starbucks Barristas, Mail Room Clerks, Prison Inmates, the guy in the subway tollbooth, Juan Valdez, and three Malaysian Monkeys (who picked up the habit from a traveling lamp oil salesman who mistook the monkeys for government tax collectors) all recommend the tasteful yet delightfully simple drinking of coffee –In Moderation! Sure, being healthy has its benefits but how can it compare to waking up with baggy eyes, hair pointing to the sky, a mouth lined with cottony mucus and a single-minded determination to brew some pungent ground beans. The joy is beyond compare! And what other habit can lead you to wait in a long line and pay several hard earned dollars just to order such an exotic drink as a Grande Mocha frappacino. It beats traveling to the far ends of the Earth to someplace sophisticated like Memphis or Lima Ohio. As for headaches –forget about it! Just keep drinking more coffee and you will always stay ahead of the pain. I read this on a Maxwell House Can and they should know since they are completely unbiased in this regard. Besides if you keep up this healthy talk you will alienate all of the mainstream bloggers who get the “real” health info from such respected sources as Good Morning America or US magazine. Why just yesterday they had an exclusive story on using bacon fat mixed with goats milk yogurt to remove the wrinkles from the tops of your toes. I can already see the difference! Hello sandal season.

Also you should feel really lucky to have serious and concerned bloggers like “lovebigboobs”. I am actually surprised that he picks up on the content of your messages given his fixation on ….Coffee. What did you think I was going to say – get your mind out of the gutter!

So start watering down your message immediately so I can continue my coffee habit in peace and without guilt!

Bill K.

65 oe { 04.11.12 at 6:50 pm }

[..YouTube..] I believe you, I just don’t believe its that bad for your health. but there is are always positives and negatives of certain foods.

66 oe { 04.11.12 at 6:50 pm }

67 lovelife19100 { 04.11.12 at 8:51 pm }

[..YouTube..] No! It Kills other people as well as you.

68 lovelife19100 { 04.11.12 at 8:51 pm }

No! It Kills other people as well as you.

69 DrLightyearsWoes { 04.26.12 at 8:26 pm }

[..YouTube..] MAN YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

70 DrLightyearsWoes { 04.26.12 at 8:26 pm }

MAN YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

71 NeverDespairKD { 06.11.12 at 6:42 am }

[..YouTube..] Tediously worrying about being healthy creates a lot more stress than coffee could ever cause on the body…The mind is a lot more powerful than caffeine. Also, (spoiler alert here) you can die at any time and no matter how healthy you try to be, you can’t predict or dodge death.

72 NeverDespairKD { 06.11.12 at 6:42 am }

73 leiladasha { 06.16.12 at 3:02 pm }

[..YouTube..] there is nothing wrong with cofee if you eat and have shot of espresso it helps you digest . problem is with toxic food and not having food and then people drink to have energie .

74 leiladasha { 06.16.12 at 3:02 pm }

75 danteF7o7 { 06.21.12 at 3:12 pm }

[..YouTube..] yes, i’d also look into crystal meth, ive heard some people getting great longevity from avid use

76 danteF7o7 { 06.21.12 at 3:12 pm }

77 bowler180max { 07.30.12 at 8:16 pm }

YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL!

78 pipuk3 { 11.19.12 at 1:20 pm }

one of the problems cutting out caffine is your body just depends on it so much from your bowels to your brain so don’t try and cut it out cold turkey if your drinking more than a cup a day you’ll want to cut down slowly.

79 bebo3ful { 11.22.12 at 10:30 pm }

yeh im on day 2, 3rd time trying to quit coffee, still have headaches

80 pipuk3 { 12.08.12 at 5:44 pm }

i tried to quit caffine slowly but towards to the end i just cut myself off completely and worked through it , keeping hydrated and resting til my body got used to life without it again. its been a few weeks now and don’t even think about it. peopel work on routine tho so i recommended switching out for flavored spring water or fruit juice or even green tea if you can stand tea =p